Recommended Soccer Coaching Courses and Youth Soccer Camps
Online Master’s in Coaching Education: The Patton College of Education
- The U.S. Soccer’s Digital Coaching Center (DCC), is a state-of-the art online educational platform. The DCC allows coaches to create a personal profile, register for courses, communicate with technical staff, take part in online courses, create session plans with an online graphics tool, access an archive of U.S. Soccer training sessions and much more.
- A TOPSoccer Coaching Course is offered by some State Associations and is a four-hour introductory course for coaches in TOPSoccer. This course guides both the novice and experienced soccer coach in providing a fun growth experience for soccer players with disabilities. The course presents information on player characteristics, the qualities of a good coach, how to utilize the TOPSoccer Buddy and modern coaching methods.
- In addition to the youth coaching courses FIFA can provide, support is granted on a conditional basis for the creation or optimization of domestic youth football competitions. The support includes equipment, financial contributions, and consultancy. See also the FIFA Youth Coaching PDF.
- The United Soccer Coaches courses are designed with flexibility in mind for coaches to choose their desired level of entry based on previous experience. Development courses all offer unique material and can be taken in any order. United Soccer Coaches offers a comprehensive yet focused curriculum inclusive of all coaches at all levels of the game. Our staff coaches approach all participants in United Soccer Coaches Education programs as colleagues with whom we share the coaching journey. Collegiality and mutual, lifelong learning underpin all we do in our coaching education. Our mission is to help our fellow coaches grow and develop in a positive and professional manner in each and every course we teach.United Soccer Coaches Academy offerings are geared toward enhancing the development of the broadest cross-section possible of our membership. You may enroll in a course geared to the level of player you coach. We celebrate the immense knowledge current and former players bring to the craft of coaching, we embrace coaches new to the game and we honor the wisdom of veteran coaches.
- The FA Coaching Course pathway is divided into three principal strands. The first entry point and foundation for all coaches is Level 1 which is a certificated course and allows progression through Level 2 and Level 3 up to the UEFA A Licence which is the qualification held by the managers of high level clubs and national teams. The second strand offers specialized training courses concentrating on targeted areas of the game such as football for the disabled and goalkeeping. The last strand focuses exclusively on the youth game and the need for different skills and tactics as players develop physically and mentally and progress through the game. The FA Learning coaching pathway here shows the options available. There are two types of FA coaching courses available, local and national. The local courses are run by individual county football associations and tend to concentrate on the earlier stages of coaching development. Levels 1 and 2 are always run on a local basis because there is such a huge demand for these courses all over the country and there are literally dozens of opportunities to join a course. It can vary because each county FA organizes their courses slightly differently but as a general rule, Level 1 and 2 are run over two (usually consecutive) weekends which allows them to easily fit in with work commitments etc. or over weekends with short evening sessions.
- The Soccer Champions Coaches’ Clinic, February 21-23, 2019 takes place at the spectacular Mohegan Sun Resort & Casino. This clinic for coaches of all levels features multiple days of world-class coaching instruction, on-field demos and special topic break-out sessions led by some of soccer’s best minds. Our 2018 presenters include: U.S. U20 Men’s National Team Coach & U.S. Soccer Youth Technical Director Tab Ramos; Amanda Cromwell – National Champion UCLA Women’s Soccer Coach; Wake Forest University Head Men’s Coach Bobby Muuss; Dick Bate – FIFA and AFC Instructor and FA Staff Coach (back again by popular demand!); National Champion Women’s Head Coach Becky Burleigh of the University of Florida; Willie McNab – Celtic FC International Academy Manager; Mass Youth Soccer Technical Director Ian Mulliner; CJSA Director of Coaching Mario Prata; and, Ian Barker – United Soccer Coaches Director of Coaching among others and, of course, National Champion Collegiate Coach and Clinic Founder Ray Reid among others. As part of our 2018 program, we will honor and remember Tony DiCicco’s commitment to soccer and coaching education.Soccer Champions offers attending coaches the opportunity to earn a range of coaching education licenses and diplomas, including: U.S. Soccer’s Grassroots Licenses – 7v7, 9v9 & 11v11 (you can earn all 3 over the weekend) as administered by event partners CJSA and Mass Youth Soccer, the United Soccer Coaches Advanced Technical Training Special Topics Diploma and, the United Soccer Coaches Special Topics Diploma: Integrating Goalkeeper Training; and, the Soccer Champions “Developing Positive Leadership” Diploma. In addition to our world-class coaching education curriculum, the clinic also features an extensive Exhibitor Zone featuring all the latest soccer gear. And, it all takes place at the spectacular Mohegan Sun Resort in Uncasville, Connecticut, which is an incredible place to meet and network with your coaching colleagues.
- Positive Coaching Alliance (PCA) develops through resources for youth and high school sports coaches, parents, administrators and student-athletes. In addition to 1,500+ free audio-video and printable tips and tools at www.PCADevZone.org, PCA has partnered with roughly 3,500 schools and youth sports organizations nationwide to deliver live group workshops, online courses and books by PCA Founder Jim Thompson that help those involved in youth and high school sports create a positive, character-building youth sports culture.PCA resources, which have reached more than 8.6 million youth, strive to transform high school and youth sports into a Development Zone® culture, where the goal is to develop Better Athletes, Better People and the following become the prevailing models in youth and high school sports. The Positive Coaching Alliance mission is to transform the youth sports culture into a Development Zone® where all youth and high school athletes have a positive, character-building experience that results in better athletes and better people.
- Glazier Soccer Clinics applies 40 years of coaching clinic experience to create a new kind of Soccer Clinic. Our Priorities: Top-notch speakers. Successful, experienced coaches speak at our clinics. We give you a chance to evaluate them, and they are only invited back if you rate them highly; Depth and breadth of topics. With more than 50 sessions at the clinic, we offer coaches the most variety; Practicality. We ask our speakers to deliver only real, usable strategies, not their booster speeches. We want every session to help your athletes win more on the soccer field; A team building experience. Bring your whole coaching staff to the clinics. You’ll be amazed at what a dedicated, high-energy weekend away can do for camaraderie. Giving you the most for your dollar. Unlike any other soccer clinic, we offer a Staff Season Pass which includes all your high school and feeder program coaches to any or all of our clinics for one low price.
- Want Practices That Players Enjoy? And save time while preparing them? Join the Coerver Skills Revolution. Focus on technical proficiency and skillful play. Make Ball Mastery the foundation of your game. Use competitive drills and games to develop skillful, spirited players. Encourage players to make their own decisions in the game. Be realistic about your performance whether you win or lose. See both as a chance to develop. See ‘success’ as a process not a destination. Win or lose show good sportsmanship. Honor the game and keep developing players with distinctive Coerver skill and spirit. Get an Official Coerver Coaching Youth Diploma 1 Online Certificate of Completion. Have an updated approach to how you teach the skills of the game to your players, and a new arsenal of drills and games that can help you and your players enjoy The Beautiful Game to it’s fullest extent.
- Here at the European Sports & Training Academy we produce professional training videos featuring drills and background info for every soccer coach, player and fan out there. We started out in Europe, now we’re headed for the US! Prepare for Europe’s best soccer coaches, as they will help you and your team to become better soccer players and coaches. Numerous professional athletes have already joined our academy’s team of experts, including German Bundesliga legend and UEFA pro license coach Ingo Anderbrügge as well as several other high profile coaches and professional soccer clubs from Germany’s highest national league, the Bundesliga. The European Sports & Training Academy is a proud partner of the Bavarian Football Association and the German Football Coaches Association. We have teamed up with a number of DFB-licensed youth academies. (The DFB is the German Football Association) In cooperation with professional athletes, coaches and experts we develop training programs and drills for fellow athletes and coaches. Our selection of high-quality training videos allows you to plan and conduct effective soccer drills and professional training sessions. Due to our carefully selected group of coaches we can guarantee to provide you with expert knowledge and state-of-the-art European soccer training methods. We try to appeal to recreational athletes as much as to pro-level competitors. This is your opportunity to reach your own personal athletic goals with the help of our professional expertise and support from Europe’s finest soccer personalities.
- The ICA Online Coaching Academy. The ICA is the first ever soccer organization worldwide to develop and implement an Online Coaching Academy. Establish on February 6th, 1997, The International Coaches Association (SoccerClinics.com), was the first soccer website on the Internet dedicated solely to “Online Coaching Education.” Since then, The ICA has registered over 15,000 members and has certified thousands of coaches in over 107 countries through its Online Coaching Academy. Through The ICA, Coaches are able to receive training online and learn from the best professional’s world wide. Our online courses are the first of their kind and have set a new standard for international coaching education. The ICA Online Coaching Academy is the fastest, most convenient way for you to gain the knowledge and skills necessary when it comes to developing your coaching ability. Now you can get certified at your convenience and at your pace. The International Bronze Course is directed towards coaches who are training youth players ages 5 through 9 years. This is an introductory level course, designed to improve the coaches understanding in the areas of Coaching Methodology, Team Management, Skill Development, Health and Safety and Laws of the Game. This online course, does exceed the requirements of many national schools and academies introductory certificates worldwide. This online course is FREE with membership to The ICA. Why wait get ICA certified today! The ICA Fitness and Conditioning Course is the first ever online certification for soccer fitness training. The course is specifically designed to improve the coaches understanding in all the important areas of fitness training. Directed by Roger Spry – Fitness coach for the Austrian national team in the 2008 European Championships. You will learn about Warm Ups, Isolation Training, Speed Development, Strength Training, Stamina Training, Flexibility Training, Rhythm Training, Mobility Training, Cool Down’s, Fitness Testing and much more.
Recommended U.S. Soccer Camps
IMG Academy boys’ soccer camps, ideal for campers between the ages of 10-18, focus on individualized player development within a team setting. We provide all-encompassing training, including position-specific, strategic, physical and mental training, and an encouraging learning environment, so that you can make your off-season legendary!
IMG Academy girls’ soccer camps, ideal for campers between the ages of 10-18, will focus on position-specific drills, strategy sessions, competitive scrimmage play, and teaching the intricacies of the women’s game. We have a proven track record of helping players from middle school to the pros reach their true potential on and off the field.
Recommended International Soccer Camp
The Tahuichi Way International Youth Soccer Camp is a great way to improve your game and become immersed in a total “soccer is life” culture. The Tahuichi Way program is for boys and young men aged 13 – 22, and girls and young women aged 15 – 22. Also, this program is ideal for college players who want to prepare for their college season. Top coaches help you reach your full potential in strategy, skills and fitness. See what other soccer players have to say about Tahuichi’s unique, enriching, “total soccer” experience. Star players Marco “El Diablo” Etcheverry, Joselito Vaca, Jaime Moreno, and many others got their start at the elite Tahuichi Soccer Academy in Bolivia. Let Tahuichi help make you a champion, too!